Wednesday 22 October 2008

I've finally finished Pride and Prejudice! And what an amazing book! Jane Austen captures the characters and their idiosyncracies so well. Aswell as the confusions of love and hate I went shopping today with my friend Jess across the road. I bought a 30s style hat from H&M which'll be fab for winter! We ended up walking home! It was freezing and scary. We held hands all the way home! But we had a lovely long talk and it was great to catch up. I got home at 8:30 so missed half of the final episode of Twiggy's Frock Exchange. It's a brilliant programme so if you missed it youtube it! Following was British Style Genius. This episode was about Vivienne Westwood, John Galliano and Alexander McQueen! 3 of my favourite designers! I was in heaven! The highlight was where Vivienne described where she found her inspiration for, and how she created, those amazing lace dresses. She had a large rag of lace, perhaps from a church, which she photocopied many times and cut out. she then positioned it onto a mannequin to create the seamless dresses. It took her a week to then get the paper from mannequin to flat! I desperately wish I could be as inventive and innovative as any of these designers! THEN there was a programme... I think 'imagine' about love in literature which was just gorgeous!

No comments:

Blog Archive