Tuesday 1 December 2009

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

...Another Fashion Casualty After the closure of Lacroix's Fashion house, in which the models worked for just 50 euros on the final show due to french law requiring they were paid, Luella Bartley has been hit by the recession. I love Luella for her witty and eclectic inspirations and approach to designing. She makes me want to wear a party dress everyday of the week. She never gets bogged down in concepts or takes herself too seriously. It is not her label itself but rather the company that owns it who are being forced to close, leaving me hopeful that the brand will be snapped up again soon, especially with her book promise of a book. But things don't look so great for the genius that is Christian Lacroix, whose couture shows never made a profit in their 20 years. ''I didn't want to cry, I want to continue, maybe in a different way, with a small atelier. What I really care about is the women who do this work"-Lacroix

No comments:

Blog Archive