Thursday 10 December 2009

Second-hand dress and the Lips of a Temptress

Today Cindy and I visited Tate Britain to help with our essay on Rossetti and his representation of women. And the paintings were stunning. They were much more life like than I had imagined, with exquisite detailing and such rich colours. I also won a prize for the best double page produced on the trip which I was chuffed with! I also saw Ophelia, one of my favourite paintings and I wasn't disappointed. I also spied a little robin previously unnoticed. Sadly we didn't see the Turner Prize exhibition as you had to buy a ticket and we spent the whole five hours in the Pre-Raphaelite room! On the coach home we watched a bit of Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire and Richard Avedon as creative director. I must see the rest!

No comments:

Blog Archive